Sunday, August 26, 2012

Homemade dishwasher detergent

I detest housework. Even more than housework, I detest spending money on things to DO housework. Today's DIY was dish detergent. I've seen a few recipes on line and decided on this one:http://www.diynatural.com/homemade-dishwasher-detergent-soap/ I doubled the recipe and used Lemishine instead of citric acid. I also used that new Oxyclean Booster and added vinegar in the rinse. We have a very old washer and hard water.

Result: AMAZING! I was afraid my kitchen would turn into that episode of the Brady bunch with all the bubbles...but it works great! And my dishwasher doesn't have a funky smell that it has sometimes after use. I give it 5 stars!

Recipe for homemade dishwasher detergent:
2 cups Borax
2 cups Washing Soda
1 12oz container Lemishine
1 cup Kosher salt

Directions: 1tbsp per load! Thats it! Because there aren't any fillers you don't need nearly as much for the same amount of clean! Don't forget to use vinegar as a rinse aid!

No comments:

Post a Comment