Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Update and new Tip of the Day!

So I have been using my homemade dishwasher detergent and wanted to update how it has been working! It cleans the dishes great, but the Lemishine has caused it to cake, which means I am chiseling dishsoap everytime I run my dishwasher. So I may rework the ingredients and remove the Lemishine and see how it works. I was using that new Oxiclean power booster stuff, but you go through it FAST if you use it every wash. So when it ran out I refilled the bottle with white distilled vinegar....and I think it works better! (Not to mention cheaper!) I will update once I rework the detergent, and hopefully there will be no more chiseling!

Thanks to Danielle at Blissfulanddomestic.com I have learned that you can freeze MILK! Whole gallons of milk. Yep, you read that right! Those indents on the side of the milk expand and pop out as milk freezes. Pretty neat huh. So if you have a chest freezer you can buy the milk when it goes on sale and keep it all month long! It takes a day or 2 to thaw enough to use, but I'd rather that than pay the $3 it goes up to here sometimes! Check out Blissfulanddomestic.com for all sorts of money saving tips and tricks from grocery shopping to crafting to clothes! Love her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment